1. Does my current address conform with the advice no 3. of the university DPO?
All addresses in a form
*@*.cuni.cz (i.e., with the suffix
.cuni.cz) plus several others (see the advice), conforms with it.
2. How can I obtain an apropriate address?
There are a number of ways. The following email addresses conform with the advice:
- Email addresses in the university Office 365. (they are automatically avilable to all students and employees of the university).
- Email addresses provided by the IT departments in the particular faculty locations (Karlín, Karlov, Malá Strana and Troja).
- Email addresses provided by particular departments (contact your colleagues at your department).
3. Why is it necessary that my address is stored in the Amoeba database?
The Amoeba database serves as a data primary source for a number of other university systems. In a case, you email address is not stored in Amoeba, then most probably is not in other systems and you may miss important emails from them.
4. How can I check which address is stored in Amoeba?
The address shown on the person page in the Organizational structure is loaded from Amoeba.
5. How can I insert/modify my address in Amoeba?
Most of the employess can modify the email address in Ameba directly — see the guide How to change registered contact details.
Also, you can contact an authorized person, which is typically a deparment secretary.
6. What is Amoeba?
The Amoeba database is a primary data source for storing contact information about employees (and external fellows and selected students), managing the faculty (physical) access system, etc. Data from Amoeba are shared with a number of university systems, e.g., the university Whois system.
Last update: 24. 6. 2021