Microsoft 365 at CUNI MFF
- Student license A3 (Office 365 A3 Student Use Benefit in Microsoft terminology)
- Employee license A3 (Office 365 Education A3 in Microsoft terminology)
- A1 license (Office 365 Education A1 in Microsoft terminology)
- All persons with a student relationship with Charles University (i.e. also doctoral students and lifelong learning students) are assigned an A3 student license.
- All employees (with the exception of those who are licensed under the previous point and those who do not use a computer for their work, such as some building management staff) are assigned an A3 employee license.
- All persons having a registered relationship with MFF, who do not have an assigned license according to one of the previous two points, are assigned an A1 license.
More detailed description of particular services of Microsoft 365
- If the user has the personal alias in a form
firstname.lastname@example.org(it can be set via updating personal information), then the address of the email account in Microsoft 365 is
email@example.com this address is used the primary one (it is set for the From: field).
- Aside from the state of the personal alias, also the addresses
firstname.lastname@example.org for receiving emails
- In the case the personal alias is not set, then the primary address is
email@example.com it cannot be changed.
- Establishing the
@matfyz.cuni.czadresses has no effect to facutly systems outside Microsoft 365 — the personal alias works as up to now
- Also there are no effects to addresses
- Establishing the
- In the Outlook service, click to the icon of the gearwheel in the top right corner.
- In the shown panel, click to the "view all settings" link (at the bottom).
- In the newly opened panel, click to the "Forwarding".
- In the window, check the Enable forwarding box and fill in the address.
- If the user has a student or employee relationship at another faculty or part of the Charles University, his/her account and all his/her previous e-mail addresses remain preserved. However, the license may change (e.g. from A3 to A1), because the rules of the individual parts of the UK differ in this area.
- If the ending relationship was the user's last relationship with Charles University, the mail box and account in M365 ceases to function (it no longer provides services to the user). The user's data (e.g. e-mail messages or files uploaded to OneDrive) are then stored in the system for another 6 months, i.e. if the user renews his relationship with Chareles University during these 6 months, the old data will be made available to him/her again. Otherwise, however (after 6 months), the user's data will be irretrievably deleted. If a user who is leaving UK is interested in keeping his/her work e-mail address, he/she must resolve the situation in time with customer support.
If you are to be added to a team created outside our university (other university, etc.), it is MANDATORY to be added via your Office 365 email (i.e.,
firstname.lastname@example.org — depending on your address).
If you are added via another university email (i.e.,
email@example.com), you might not be able to access the team.