Introducing and defining the concept of “post-doc” at Charles University is given by Rector´s Directive.
Starting academics, researchers and postdocs are vitally important for every research university. They are at the beginning of their research and academic careers and thus create an innovative environment of the university. They are at the beginning of their research and academic careers and thus create an innovative environment of the university. Later on they can establish themselves as key academics or researchers.
That is also why it is in the interest of Charles University to support them and does so through Postdoctoral Hub.
A. Rectorate´s Financial Support
- Onetime relocation Arrival Bonus 25000 Kč for those who come to Praha, Plzeň, Hradec Králové from another place because of the postdoc employment;
- Paid extra activities for the university on top of your everyday postdoc schedule (max. 10 hours a month for max. 5000 Czech Koruna) after the agreement of your superior;
- Monthly financial support including paid courses of your choosing and translation of websites/texts on the faculty that you need as a postdoc.
B. Other University Opportunities
- News on courses relevant for postdocs on website Postdoctoral Hub;
- Offer of teaching in an already existing course at the university (please check information at your faculty);
- Offer of teaching your own course/individual lecture (please check information at your faculty).
- Contacts to the postdoc coordinator at your faculty;
- Contact to the rectorate – Department of Science and Research;
- Contacts to Staff Welcome Center/Counselling services at the rectorate.
D. Campus Hybernská and Join the Debate platform
- Shared space with Doctoral Platform intended to organize small conferences, workshops, debates, co-work
- Take part in the „Join the Debate“ platform at Campus Hybernská with successful postdocs and become the main speaker as well