Become Master of Physics at Charles University!
The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics is finally opening English Master studies of Physics! Added to this, the program is going to accept new students already from the following winter semester 2021!
The length of master’s degree program is two years provided by top-class departments of our faculty, one of the best in central Europe. What study subjects can you expect then?
- Particle and Nuclear Physics: Student acquires advanced knowledge of quantum mechanics and quantum field theory, computation techniques and data collection and evaluation, providing the student with contact to large-infrastructure facilities.
- Atmospheric Physics, Meteorology and Climatology: Unique program offering comprehensive courses including weather and climate modelling and attractive topics like climatic change or remote sensing techniques.
- Surface and Plasma Physics: Covering wide scope of fields, ranging from thin-film and surface physics to vacuum and space physics, leading the student to such hot topics like nuclear fusion or space research.
- Physics of Condensed Matter and Materials: Provides a general education in solid state physics with emphasis on selected sub-field of atomic and electronic structures, macromolecular physics or material and low-temperature physics, proving also the access to large facilities like ESRF or ILL.
- Optics and Optoelectronics: This program enriches the student with detailed knowledge of optical interactions with condensed matter, laser physics, light detection techniques or optoelectronics, bringing the student the prospective fields of opto-spintronics, ultra-fast and terahertz spectroscopy or physics of metamaterials.
- Biophysics and Chemical Physics: Providing deep knowledge of quantum mechanics and statistics of molecular systems, connecting the words of physics, chemistry, biology and medicine in comprehensive theoretical and experimental courses.
More information about our programs and courses here.
What else should you know?
The tuition fee for students from the EU is 84 000 CZK (around 3100 EUR) per academic year, for students from outside the EU it is 140 000 CZK (around 5100 EUR) per academic year.
Click here for further information about living in Prague or accommodation facilities.
When do you have to send the application form?
- Application deadline: April 30, 2021
- Enrolment and New Student Orientation: September 2021
- First day of classes: October 1, 2021
Do not hesitate to contact us if any problem occurs. More information about the admission process is available here.
Last but not least, MFF have provided international students with English Bachelor or Master programs of Mathematics and Computer Science for many years and those subjects are still open to enrollment. Moreover, our faculty opens also PhD English programs, so do not forget to send your application for your study level on time! We believe you will choose your career path wisely.