RNDr. Klára Uhlířová, Ph.D.
- Department of Condensed Matter Physics
- +420 95155 1482
- +420 224 911 061
- Supervised theses
- Assigned theses
- Room / building
- F 088, ground floor, Ke Karlovu 5, Ke Karlovu 2026/5, Praha 2
I focus on experimental condensed matter physics, including the physics of strongly correlated systems, antiferromagnetic compounds such as Cu-Mn-As system and, recently, also studies of van der Waals materials – misfit layer compounds.
For the research, I use various crystal growth and bulk characterization techniques. Besides crystal growth and XRD characterization, I have experience in scanning electron microscopy and focused ion beam (FIB) milling technique, electron-beam lithography, low-temperature magnetic force microscopy (serving as the principal operator of the microscope), and the „standard“ magnetization, specific heat or charge transport measurement techniques in cryostat systems
- 2013 – present: assistant professor/scientist at the Department of Condensed Matter Physics (DCMP), Charles University, Prague (unpaid leave during postdoc stay in Leiden from January 2011 to June 2013)
- 2011– 2013: Leiden Institute of Physics, Leiden University, the Netherlands, postdoctoral stay
- exercise to lecture NOFY025 -Atomic Physics and Electronic Structure of Matter
- NFPL500 - Practical application of atomic force microscopy
- NOFY024 -Practical Course II – Electricity and magnetism
- NFPL145 – Experimental Methods of Condensed Systems Physics I
- NOFY071 – Mechanics: Exercise Seminar
- Supervision of bachelor, master and PhD students.
- 2005–2010 PhD at Charles University (Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Research)
- 2000–2005 Master's degree at Charles University (solid state physics)
- Czech (native), English (fluent), Dutch (fluent), German (passive)