Athanasios Koliogiorgos, Ph.D.
- Department of Condensed Matter Physics
- +420 95155 1455
- Room / building
- F 048, ground floor, Ke Karlovu 5, Ke Karlovu 2026/5, Praha 2
Expertise and research interests
- Ab-initio simulations on both periodic structures and finite systems.
- Halide perovskites, optical and electotronic properties, applications in optoelectronic and elecronic materials.
- Computational materials scientist with background in experimental materials engineering.
Research and teaching experience
October 2022 - today
- Postdoctoral researcher at Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Department of Condensed Matter Physics.
- Part of Molecular spintronics: control of spin-orbit fields Project.
October 2021 - September 2022
- Temporary lecturer at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Ioannina, Greece.
- Courses taught: Semiconducting and Dielectric Materials; Materials for Nanostructures and Micromachines; Nanotechnology.
- Visiting lecturer at Zernike Institute of Advanced Materials, University of Groningen, Netherlands. Short course on Ab-initio simulations for semiconductors and nanostructures.
June 2019 - May 2021
- Postdoctoral researcher at Advanced Materials Group, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Part of Centre for Advanced Photovoltaics Project.
- Work included study of electronic structure for novel materials for photovoltaics, energy transfer mechanisms between organic molecules and silicon.
February 2016 - February 2019
- Researcher/Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Materials Science, University of Patras, Greece.
- Part of Perovskite Materials for Efficient Solar Cells (PERMASOL) Project lead by the Austrian Insitute of Technology (AIT) in Vienna.
- Work included finding new lead-free alternatives in halide perovskites for implementation in solar cells.
February 2016 - February 2019
- Ph.D. in computational materials science, Department of Materials Science, University of Patras, Greece.
- Thesis subject: Ab-initio simulations of the electronic structure of halide and hybrid halide perovskite materials. Scholarship from AIT, Vienna.
November 2014 - January 2016
- M.Sc. in Optoelectronic and Magnetic Materials, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Ioannina, Greece.
- M.Sc. thesis subject: Study of magnetic nanodomains with AFM/MFM microscopy.
September 2001 - October 2011
- Engineering Diploma, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Ioannina, Greece.
- Diploma thesis subject: Study of grain-boundary magnetoconductance phenomena in LSMO/PdO composites.
November 2021 - October 2022
- M.Sc. in Accounting in the Modern Management Environment, Department of Business Administration, University of Patras, Greece.
- Energy transfer between Si nanocrystals and
protoporphyrin molecules as a function of distance, orientation and size.
A. Koliogiorgos, T. Polcar, Journal of Computational Chemistry 2023. (DOI: 10.1002/jcc.27071)
- Electronic and Optical Properties of Ultrasmall
ABX3 (A = Cs, CH3NH3/B = Ge, Pb, Sn, Ca, Sr/X = Cl, Br, I) Perovskite Quantum
A. Koliogiorgos, C. S. Garoufalis, I. Galanakis, S. Baskoutas, ACS Omega 2018, 3(12), 18917-18924. (DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.8b02525)
and gap properties of lead-free perfect and mixed hybrid halide perovskites: An
A. Koliogiorgos, S. Baskoutas, I. Galanakis, Computational Materials Science 2017, 138, 92-98. (DOI: 10.1016/j.commatsci.2017.06.026)