RNDr. Petr Král
- Department of Condensed Matter Physics
- +420 95155 1388
- Supervised theses
- Assigned theses
- Room / building
- F 084, ground floor, Ke Karlovu 5, Ke Karlovu 2026/5, Praha 2
I am the 3rd year PhD student in the field of Physics of Condensed Matter and Materials Research. My interest is in investigation of the physical properties of rare earth intermetallics, especially with respect to the high pressure impact on the crystal lattice and related magnetic interactions. In frame of my doctoral thesis (Pressure driven structural and magnetic transformations in 221 intermetallics), I am dealing with R2T2X compounds with specific crystal structure potentially resulting in frustrated magnetism. I am the principal investigator of the Charles Univeristy student grant (GAUK 358121).
- P. Král, M. Diviš, L. Havela, P. Proschek, P. Doležal, J. Kaštil, B. Vondráčková, J. Prchal, La2Pd2In: superconductivity and lattice properties at ambient and elevated pressures, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 34 (2022) 145403 (https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-648X/ac4c15).
- P. Král, J. Kaštil, M. Klicpera, P. Doležal, J. Prokleška, L. Havela, J. Prchal, Stability of the 4f-magnetism in Ce2Pd2In under hydrostatic and uniaxial pressure, J. Alloys Compd. 878 (2021) 160304 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2021.160304).
- P. Král, J. Prchal, M. Klicpera, P. Doležal, J. Kaštil, Phase diagrams of Ce2Pd2In intermetallic compound, 20th Conference of Czech and Slovak Physicists, Proceedings (2020) 177 (ISBN 978-808985513-1).
- AVS 68th International Symposium and Exhibition, Pittsburgh 2022, oral presentation
- International Conference on Strongly Correlated Electron Systems (SCES), Amsterdam 2022, poster presentation
- International Conference on Solid Compounds of Transition Elements (SCTE), Bordeaux 2022, poster presentation (best poster award)
- Conference on Science at Extreme Conditions (CSEC), Edinburgh (online) 2021, oral presentation
- 20th Conference of Czech and Slovak Physicists, Prague 2020, poster presentation
- Week of Doctoral Students, Prague (online) 2020, oral presentation
- 57th European High Pressure Research Group Meeting on High Pressure Science and Technology (EHPRG), Prague 2019, poster presentation
- Česko-Slovenská studentská vědecká konference ve fyzice: 2020 (Prague, online), 2019 (Košice, 1st place), 2018 (Prague, 2nd place)
- Paul Scherrer Institute (Villigen, Switzerland), neutron diffraction (R2Cu2In, R = Ce, Dy, Tm)
- Elettra (Trieste, Italy), high-pressure X-ray diffraction (PrAlGe)
- Diamond Light Source (Didcot, UK), high-pressure X-ray diffraction (Ce2Pd2In)
- Institut Laue-Langevin (Grenoble, France), neutron diffraction (Ce2Pd2+xIn1-x, x = 0, 0.25)
Workshops, summer schools, other
- HERCULES European School, Grenoble + Villigen (online) 2022, poster presentation
- International Workshop on Quantum Magnets in Extreme Conditions (QMEC), Kashiwa (online) 2021
- Czech-Bavarian mini-school 2020 on large scale facilities and open data, Prague + Munich (online) 2020, oral presentation
- Cena CRYTUR 2020, best thesis in material sciences (3rd place)