Annual Evaluation of Study and Enrolment in the next Study Section in Bachelor's and Master’s Degree programmes
Both annual evaluation and enrolment in the next study section are carried out by students themselves through the Student Information System of the University (hereinafter referred to as "SIS").
1) Dates of annual evaluation of study and enrolment in the next study section
Dates are published annually in the Academic Calendar of the academic year.
2) Information on evaluation and enrolment
Before the annual evaluation, students are advised to check that all credits and exams they have passed have been entered into SIS by the teachers concerned; if irregularities are detected, follow Art. 14, Par. 3 of the Rules for Organization of Studies at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics.
To complete evaluation and enrolment in the next study section, follow these steps:
- Log into SIS.
- Click on "Test results – viewing" and then on "Checks" in the green menu bar.
- Right next to "Evaluate to proceed to the next study section" click "Execute". The evaluation usually takes a few seconds (at most a few minutes). You can update the list of evaluation results by clicking on the link "Checks" in the green menu bar.
- If the evaluation is positive ("The outcome of the checks: fulfilled"), you are eligible for enrolment in the next study section. Enrol by clicking next to the text "Enrol in the next study sections" on "Execute". After the successful completion of this step, you are enroled in the next study section.
An alternative method of enrolling in the next study section is as follows:
- From the SIS home page go to "Summary of Exam Results".
- Click the "Validations" tab at the top of the page.
- Click the button that says "Do" next to "Make the check for proceeding to the next study section". This validation may take several minutes.
- Once validation is completed, if the check result is "FULFILLED" you may click the "Do" next to "Enroll in the next study section".
3) Additional remarks
It is recommended that students finish evaluation at the latest 10 days before the deadline (see paragraph 1 above) so as to have enough time to resolve any problems at the Department of Student Affairs. Do not leave checking evaluations until the last moment!!
If the result of the evaluation is negative ("The outcome of the checks: not fulfilled" – in this case SIS will indicate the reason why the result is negative), and you are sure that it should be positive, immediately contact your appropriate Study Advisor (preferably in person, or by email) to resolve any ambiguities.
If evaluation is not successfully completed by the deadline published in the Academic Calendar, students will not be able to continue their studies at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics in the next study section, as described in Art. 4, Par. 9 of the Code of Study and Examination of Charles University. In this case, students are strongly advised to expedite the administrative steps required for the termination of their studies at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics. They should bring "a written statement of withdrawal from study" to the Department of Student Affairs as soon as possible, as well as their student ID cards and coupons for public transport in Prague.
If the annual evaluation and enrolment in the next study section have been successful but you cannot or do not wish to continue your studies (e.g. because of health or family reasons, etc.), contact your Study Advisor immediately and agree on how to proceed with her.
4) Additional instructions for evaluation and enrolment in the next study section
After enrolling in the next study section via SIS, do not forget to check and if necessary update your personal data, account number etc. in SIS. According to Dean’s Directive No. 8/2013 "Organization of Fire Protection", Art. 5.1.3., students are obliged to read and sign "A Written Record and Training Texts on Fire Protection and Safety" by 30 November of the relevant academic year (it is available both in printed form at the Study Department and on-line, see: mff.cuni.cz/studium/formulare). It is advisable to do this when visiting the Study Department.
At the Study Department, after signing "A Written Record and Training Texts on Fire Protection and Safety" you will be given a certificate of your studies as well as a slip for your Charles University student card (obtaining both of these must be confirmed by your signature). When enrolling after finishing an interruption to your studies, you are obliged to sign that your personal data in SIS, contained in what is called the Personal File, have been updated. Your Personal File may be printed from SIS, or you may obtain it from your Study Advisor.
5) Enrolment in the next study section
After passing the annual evaluation and enrolling in the next study section, do not forget to enrol in courses you plan to take in the next study section by the date specified in the Academic Calendar.