Purchase of new books
We accept suggestions for the purchase of new or missing literature, we especially welcome suggestions for the purchase of current study literature for the subjects taught at our faculty, we will also facilitate the purchase of books from grants or sectional funds. We will order books, register them, process them, and then lend them (or include them in the library collection). The advantage is simplified administration (e.g. customs procedures and fees) as well as possible institutional discounts with individual distributors.
For successful ordering we need:
- bibliographic data, including ISBN, or a link to the page where this data is on,
- if purchasing with grant or section funds, the source of payment,
- we recommend that you check our catalogue in advance to see if the title you want is already in our library collection.
Please contact individual library departments with your requests:
- Department of Physics
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Study Literature
Obligation to register books purchased with special-purpose funds (grants, projects, research projects, etc.)
- the mandatory registration of information resources purchased from grants, projects, research projects, etc. is governed by the Dean's Directive No. 1/2007 On Ensuring the Evidence of Information Resources,
- all documents acquired in this way are the property of the MFF UK and must be registered in the relevant library department (the library assigns registration numbers to the documents and processes them in the library system),
- the documents are loaned and given for the exclusive use of the researchers or grant holders for the duration of the grant (project, research project),
- at the end of the grant, the documents are available for loan to all library users (but usually remain on loan to the researcher).
The library cooperates mainly with the following companies for the purchase of books: