The loan services of the MFF UK Library include:
- Lending documents
- Reservation of documents
- Renewal of documents
- Return of documents
- Late fees
- Replacement of lost documents
- Interlibrary loan service
- Basic documents
- Most documents can be borrowed to take home, only those with a "in-house" status cannot be borrowed to take home; see Types of document loans for details;
- the loan period of documents, the possibility of extension and any late fees are governed by the Uniform borrowing matrix.
Reservation of documents
- is provided free of charge;
- reserved documents are waiting 14 days for collection - after that the reservation is cancelled;
- please do not abuse the reservation. Expedited pick-up will help to get the documents to more students;
- you can not reserve documents that are on-site, with the exception noted below;
- books that have a status of „Regular loan (store)“ must be reserved even if they are on-site; they will be ready for you only after notification that the reservation has been fulfilled;
- do not reserve books that have a „Borrowed by“ date more than six months away, and contact the librarian; your reservation would probably be wasted.
Renewal of documents
- Loan period of borrowed documents can be extended, but only before the end of the loan period;
- you will need your UKCO to renew (this number can be found on your student card or ISIC under your photo);
- there are several ways to renew your books:
- electronically using your reader account
- by phone
- by e-mail (also by replying to the information e-mail)
- in person at any department of the MFF UK Library.
Return of documents
- returning borrowed items is possible at any department of the MFF UK Library, except for electronic devices (Arduino, readers and tablets). Electronic devices must be returned to the appropriate department;
- no ID is required to return borrowed items, so anyone can return books instead of the original reader;
- another option is to use the return boxes at each department of the MFF UK Library (except for electronic devices - these must be returned in person at the branch where the device was borrowed).
- late fee is charged for each day of delay; please refer to the pricelist of fees for current prices of late fees;
- late fees can be paid either in cash at the library or by bank transfer;
- cash can be paid at all departments of the MFF UK Library except of the Library of history of science and its sub-libraries;
- for information on how to pay by bank transfer, please see the Payment by bank transfer page.
Replacement of lost documents
- the form of replacement for a lost book is governed by the CUNI Library and circulation rules and is subject to agreement with the head of the relevant library department;
- lost books cannot be replaced by purchases from grants, projects, etc., as these are also subject to separate evidence.
Interlibrary loan service
- service intended for lending books between libraries
- regulations relating to the operation of the MFF UK Library