Ineffective since April 14, 2021.
Directive No. 9/2020
Measure of the Dean to the Special Rules of Study at MFF
CUNI for the academic year 2019/2020
To implement the special course of study for the academic year 2019/2020 at Charles University
This Directive modifies some specifications of the Special Course of Study of the academic year 2019/2020 at MFF CUNI (henceforth “Faculty”) reflecting the state of emergency declared by the Government of the Czech Republic on March 12, 2020 in response to the Covid-19 epidemic and emergency measures announced by the Government and Ministries of the Czech Republic, as well as to the newly passed Act No. 188/20 Sb., to special rules of study and decision-making at universities in 2020 and to extending periods of study for the purposes of additional legislation (Zákon o zvláštních pravidlech pro vzdělávání a rozhodování na vysokých školách v roce 2020 a o posuzování doby studia pro účely dalších zákonů), and the Special Rules of Study at CUNI adopted by the Academic Senate (henceforth also referred to as “exceptional situation”).
- The form of teaching in all study programs realized at the Faculty is realized by employing distance teaching in cases when a student cannot be present in class in person. However, the distance teaching can be preserved until the end of that academic year even if the situation changes and the students are allowed to be present in any type of class in person.
- Teaching in all Lifelong Learning programs is and will be realized by means of remote communication tools unless the Head of the respective study program, with the consent of the Dean, states otherwise.
- Teaching as a part of the University of the Third Age activities is cancelled until the end of the academic year 2019/2020.
Assessment of Study
- Assessment of study of a subject (henceforth “subject”) can be done by means of remote communication tools. The Coordinator of a Study Program (in case of expiring accreditation also with the consent of the Coordinator of the respective Field of Study) with the consent of the Coordinator of the Subject decides on the form and rules of such assessment.
- Final state examination and state rigorosum examinations or their parts, state doctoral examinations and defences of dissertations (henceforth “state exams”) can also take place by using remote communication tools. The Coordinator of a Study Program (in case of expiring accreditation also with the consent of the Coordinator of the respective Field of Study) decides on the form and rules regulating the conduction of the state examinations having discussed these with the Dean. The Dean can make the decision on his own; Dean’s decision is superior to that of the Coordinator.
- The Faculty guarantees that state examinations held by means of remote communication tools will be open to the public. The Faculty will announce the exact date on the official notice board at least 15 days in advance. This announcement shall contain specifications that would allow the public to access the public part of the state examination.
- In exceptional cases, when a state examination held by means of remote communication tools is supposed to be closed to the public, the Student Affairs Department of the Faculty will make a sound or a sound and video recording; it will also upload the recording to the electronic records management system.
- If it is necessary to change the rules for the completion of a study subject (owing to the exceptional situation and the related measures accepted in response to the situation), which would create rules different from those stated in Art. 8 para 4, and Art. 8 para 8 of the Code of Study and Examination of CUNI, the Coordinator of the respective subject is allowed to make such changes provided they are announced in due form and without undue delay, i.e. by April 30, 2020.
Authorization of the Vice-Dean for Student Affairs
All Acts charged to the Dean that stem from Art. 2 and 3 of the Special Rules of Study at CUNI and from this Directive can be performed by the Vice-Dean for Student Affairs as a part of his agenda.
This Directive comes into effect on the day of issue.
Proposed by: doc. RNDr. František Chmelík, CSc., Vice-Dean for Student Affairs
This Directive was approved by the Faculty Management on April 17, 2020, discussed by the Academic Senate MFF on April 22, 2020 and issued on April 24, 2020.
RNDr. Jan Kratochvíl, CSc., v. r.
dean of the faculty