Prague Physics Tuition Fee Scholarships 2021
The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, grants a limited number of scholarships to highly qualified applicants, consisting of a tuition fee waiver of 84 000 CZK up to 420 000 CZK, depending on the applicant’s chosen programme, academic performance and country of origin.
- The Scholarship will be known as the Prague Physics Tuition Fee Scholarship (PPTFS).
- The Scholarship is open to candidates applying for the Master’s Programmes in Physics (i.e., for any of the programmes Atmospheric Physics, Meteorology and Climatology, Biophysics and Chemical Physics, Optics and Optoelectronics, Particle and Nuclear Physics, Physics of Condensed Matter and Materials, Surface and Plasma Physics), at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, language of instruction English, for the academic years beginning 2021/2022, and who have not studied in the programme earlier. Candidates must meet the Entry Requirements for the corresponding programme.
- Up to two Scholarships will be awarded for students in the Master’s Programme in Physics.
- The Scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for academic years 2021/22 and 2022/23, which amounts to 84 000 CZK (around 3 240 EUR) per academic year for students from the EU, and 140 000 CZK (around 5 400 EUR) per academic year for students outside the EU.
- The decision on awarding the Scholarship belongs to the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. The Dean reserves the right not to award a Scholarship.
- To apply for the
PPTFS, you must apply for the Master’s Programme in Physics, using the Student
Information System of Charles University, and must accompany your application
with the following documents:
(i) curriculum vitae;
(ii) motivation letter;
(iii) list of publications (if applicable);
(iv) transcript(s) of records;
(v) application for the PPTFS (no prescribed form);
(vi) two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer.
All these documents must be written in or translated into English. Documents under (i)-(iv) should be uploaded (preferred format of documents is pdf) to the Student Information System of the University (see the previous paragraph). The PPTFS application (v) should be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “PPTFS application – your name”.The candidate should arrange for letters of recommendation (vi) to be sent directly by his/her referees to the email address email@example.com as well, with subject “PPTFS recommendation – your name”. It is the candidates's responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are sent in time to reach us by the application deadline.
- The deadline for submitting applications is 30 April 2021. By this deadline all documents proving that the applicant meets the Entry Requirements must also have been submitted. If an applicant's diploma has not yet been awarded by the deadline, the applicant may provide a document testifying that she/he is in her/his final year and then submit the diploma once it has been awarded.
- Candidates may be invited for an online interview in mid May 2021 for further assessment of their potential.
- Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome by 31 May 2021 at the latest. The Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the letter offering it. If a candidate declines the Scholarship or does not take it up, the Dean may offer the Scholarship to another candidate.
- The Scholarship cannot be transferred to another programme at Charles University or to another university.
- A successful candidate will be expected to study full-time and complete the programme in two years. If the number of credits obtained by the end of the first year is less than 60, or if the programme is not completed in two years, the Scholarship will be withdrawn for the remainder of the candidate’s studies.