Computational Linguistics Scholarship 2021
The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, grants three scholarships to a highly qualified applicant in the Master's Programme in Computer Science – Language Technologies and Computational Linguistics (the language of instruction: English).
1) The Scholarship will be known as the Computational Linguistics Scholarship (CLS).
2) The Scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for the academic years 2021/2022 and 2022/2023, which amounts to 84 000 CZK (around 3 290 EUR) per academic year for students from the EU, and 140 000 CZK (around 5 490 EUR) per academic year for students outside the EU), and a contribution to living expenses of 120 000 CZK (around 4 700 EUR) per academic year, plus a contribution to travel expenses up to 400 EUR. Payment details are described in the Scholarship Award Agreement.
3) Three Scholarships will be awarded.
4) The decision on awarding the Scholarship belongs to the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University.
5) The Scholarship is open to candidates applying for the Master's Programme in Computer Science – Language Technologies and Computational Linguistics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, for the academic years 2021/2022 and 2022/2023. Candidates must meet the Entry Requirements for the Master's Programme in Computer Science.
6) To apply for the CLS, you have to apply for the Master's Programme in Computer Science – Language Technologies and Computational Linguistics using the Student Information System of the Charles University, and accompany your application with the following documents:
(i) curriculum vitae;
(ii) motivation letter;
(iii) list of publications (if applicable);
(iv) transcript(s) of records;
(v) application for the CLS (no prescribed form);
(vi) two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employers.
All these documents must be written in or translated into English. Documents under (i)-(iv) should be uploaded (preferred format of documents is pdf) to the Student Information System of the University, see the previous paragraph. The CLS application (v) should be sent to the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with subject “CLS application – your name”. The candidate should arrange for letters of recommendation (vi) to be sent directly by his/her referees to the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as well, with subject “CLS recommendation – your name”. It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are sent by the application deadline.
7) Candidates must not be recipients of any other external scholarships or grants for a living allowance.
8) The application deadline is April 30, 2021; by this deadline, all documents proving that an applicant meets the Master's Entry Requirements must also be submitted.
9) Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome by May 31, 2021 at the latest. The offer of the Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the letter offering it. If a candidate declines the Scholarship or does not take it up, the Dean may offer the Scholarship to another candidate.
10) A successful candidate will be expected to study full-time and complete the two-year programme. If the number of credits obtained by the end of the first year is less than 60, or if the programme is not completed in two years, the Scholarship will be withdrawn for the remainder of the candidate's studies.