Computational Linguistics Scholarship 2017
The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, grants one scholarship to a highly qualified applicant in the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics (language of instruction: English).
1. The Scholarship will be known as the Computational Linguistics Scholarship (CLS).
2. The Scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for the academic years 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 (3000 EUR per academic year for students from the EU, and 5000 EUR per academic year for students outside the EU), and a contribution to living expenses of 4000 EUR per academic year, plus a contribution to travel expenses up to 400 EUR. Payment details are described in the Scholarship Award Agreement.
3. One Scholarship will be awarded.
4. The decision on awarding the Scholarship belongs to the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague.
5. The Scholarship is open to candidates applying for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, for the academic years 2017/2018 and 2018/2019. Candidates must meet the Entry Requirements for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science.
6. To apply for the CLS, you have to apply for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics using the Student Information System of the Charles University in Prague, and accompany your application with the following documents:
(i) application for the CLS (no prescribed form);
(ii) curriculum vitae;
(iii) letter of interest;
(iv) list of publications (if applicable);
(v) transcript(s) of records;
(vi) photocopy of diploma (if applicable);
(vii) two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer.
All these documents must be written in or translated into English. Documents under (i)-(vi) should be uploaded (preferred format of documents is pdf) to the Student Information System of the University, see the next paragraph. The letters of recommendation should be sent to the email address email@example.com. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that letters of recommendation are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline for submitting applications as well.
7. Candidates must not be recipients of any other external scholarships or grants for a living allowance.
8. The deadline for submitting applications is 31 May 2017.
9. Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome by 30 June 2017 at the latest. The offer of the Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the letter offering it. If a candidate declines the Scholarship or does not take it up, the Dean may offer the Scholarship to another candidate.
10. The successful candidate will be expected to complete the two-year programme and will study full-time. If the recipient does not complete the programme he will be liable to refund the scholarship amount in full.