The following Wi-Fi networks are available in the Karlín building:
- eduroam (for univeristy students and staff)
- msekce-guest (for guests not connected to the university)
- Information about the computer network in Karlín
- University and Faculty Computer Network Rules (unofficial summary)
Wi-Fi network eduroam
The eduroam network is intended for university students and staff (and can also be used by students and staff at other institutions involved in the eduroam.cz project). Rules for users of the eduroam network:
Before connecting to the eduroam network for the first time, you need to set up a password for the network in CAS (University "Central Authentication Service"):
- Log in to CAS.
- In the left menu click on "Other accounts" and then "Set password for eduroam realm cuni.cz".
- At the top of the page it will tell you what login to use for eduroam (email@example.com), and below that are the boxes to set the password.
Connecting your computer to the eduroam Wi-Fi network is then easy:
- Network name (SSID):
firstname.lastname@example.org(where the number is the personal number at the university)
- Password: the password you set up for eduroam in CAS according to the procedure above
If your computer's operating system requires any other technical data to be set up for the connection, the security type used is: PEAP and MSCHAPv2. If you have trouble setting it up, check the manuals for the various operating systems (including those for mobile devices): How to connect to eduroam.
For security reasons, traffic on the eduroam Karlín network is limited to the most common services (HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, etc.). If you need something special to work, please contact one of the administrators of the Karlín computer network.
Wi-Fi network msekce-guest
The msekce-guest network is intended for those guests of School of Mathematics staff who do not have a contractual relationship with university (i.e. do not have a CAS account). To connect to this network, please contact one of the administrators of the Karlín computer network.
Connecting your computer to the msekce-guest Wi-Fi network is then easy:
- Network name (SSID):
- Password: the password you set up for the msekce-guest network with the network administrators
The other properties (EAP/MSCHAPv2 security, restrictions except for the most common services) are the same as for the eduroam network.