RNDr. Jana Šmilauerová, Ph.D.
||phone: (+420) 95155 1614
address: Ke Karlovu 5, Prague 2, 121 16
since 2012 Research associate at the Department of Physics of Materials, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University
2012 – 2016 Ph.D. study, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University; study program: Condensed Matter and Materials Research
2010 – 2012 Master study, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University; study program: Physics of Condensed Systems and Physics of Materials
2007 – 2010 Bachelor study, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University; study program: Physics
- phase transformations and microstructure changes in titanium alloys
- experimental methods employing synchrotron radiation (e.g. small-angle X-ray scattering, anomalous diffraction, in situ X-ray diffraction)
- investigation of phase transformations using in situ laboratory methods (differential scanning calorimetry, dilatometry, electric resistance measurement) and laboratory X-ray diffraction
- an offer of student projects and bachelor and diploma theses
- Institut Jean Lamour, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France – titanium alloys for high temperature applications
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Ohio State University, Columbus, USA – phase transformations in titanium alloys
Educational and research stays
- School of Materials Science and Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, USA (2 months)
- HERCULES – Higher European Research Course for Users of Large Experimental Systems, Grenoble, Francie (1 month)
2015 Acta Student Award for paper published in Acta Materialia in 2014
List of selected publications
Šmilauerová, P. Harcuba, J. Pospíšil, Z. Matěj, and V. Holý. Growth of ω inclusions in Ti alloys: An X-ray diffraction study. Acta Materialia, 61(17): 6635-6645, 2013.
Šmilauerová, P. Harcuba, J. Stráský, J. Stráská, M. Janeček, J. Pospíšil, R. Kužel, T. Brunátová, V. Holý, and J. Ilavský. Ordered array of ω particles in β-Ti matrix studied by small-angle X-ray scattering. Acta Materialia, 81: 71-82, 2014.
Šmilauerová, P. Harcuba, D. Kriegner, M. Janeček, and V. Holý. Growth kinetics of ω particles in β-Ti matrix studied by in situ small-angle X-ray scattering. Acta Materialia, 100: 126-134, 2015.
Šmilauerová, P. Harcuba, D. Kriegner, and V. Holý. On the completeness of the β à ω transformation in metastable β titanium alloys. Journal of Applied Crystallography, 50(1): 283-287, 2017.
Šmilauerová, M. Janeček, P. Harcuba, J. Stráský, J. Veselý, R. Kužel, and H. J. Rack. Ageing response of sub-transus heat treated Ti-6.8Mo-4.5Fe-1.5Al alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 724: 373-380, 2017.
List of theses - The topics of the theses and projects can be adapted to the interests of the student