|Head of Department:||David Stanovský|
|Vice-Head of Department:||Jan Šťovíček|
|Scientific Secretary:||Jan Žemlička|
Study program coordinators:
- Mathematical Structures: Jan Šťovíček
- Mathematics for IT (bachelor degree): David Stanovský
- Mathematics for IT (master degree): Pavel Příhoda
- PhD program P4M1: Jan Krajíček
- Grant Agency of Charles University GAUK evaluated the results of Magda Tinková's finished project Indecomposable integers and universal quadratic forms as exceptionally good. In this three year project in number theory, the team of Magda and four other students obtained interesting results concerning the arithmetic of cubic and biquadratic number fields.
- Students of the Algebra Department were very successful in the Czecho-Slovak final of the student research competition SVOČ (section Mathematical structures): Matěj Doležálek won the 1st place for his work Quaternions and universal quadratic forms over number fields, and the 2nd place was shared by Žaneta Semanišinová (Paramedial quasigroups of prime and prime square order) and Ester Sgallová (Periodicity of Jacobi-Perron algorithm).
- Students of master and PhD degree can apply for a financial contribution for travels to conferences, research visits and summer schools. To apply, contact the administrator of the SVV project Jan Žemlička.