Prof. RNDr. Zuzanka Trojanová, DrSc.
phone: (+420) 95155 1658
- 1965 M.Sc. Solid State Physics, Charles University Prague
- 1976 PhD. Experimental Physics, Charles University Prague
- 1982 habilitated for Experimental Physics, Charles University Prague
- 1995 habilitated for Physical Metallurgy, Technical University Žilina
- 1996 Sc.D. Physical Metallurgy, Charles University Prague
- 1996 Professor of Physics, Charles University Prague
- The investigation of the mechanical properties of hexagonal single crystals and polycrystals and metal matrix composites and nanocomposites including the investigation of thermally activated deformation mechanisms in metals and alloys. The main aim of this study consisted, apart from obtaining many original experimental results, in explaining the fundamental hardening mechanisms in hexagonal metals.
- The investigation of the solid solution hardening in hexagonal and face centred cubic single crystals and polycrystals. The Cd-, Zr-, Mg- and Ag-based alloy systems have been investigated and many original experimental results have been obtained.
- The study of very low temperature unstable deformation.
- The investigation of plastic instabilities and dynamic strain ageing in Zr and Ti polycrystals. Discontinuous stress relaxation has been described. The plastic instabilities were investigated using different experimental methods including acoustic emission.
- The study of thermal stability of polycrystals prepared by means of powder metallurgy and metal matrix composites and nanocomposites using internal friction methods.
- The investigation of deformation processes in ultrafine-grained and nanocrystalline materials. Study of microstructure influence on mechanical and physical properties of (nano)composites.
- The study of mechanical and physical properties of magnesium materials prepared by methods of severe plastic deformation.
Author and co-author of about 490 scientific papers (among them 40 in the last 5 years), mostly in international journals, author and co-author of 8 chapters in books.
Member of The Editorial board in the Materials Science and Engineering A.
Silver Medal of Masaryk University Brno (1986)
Activities and Invitations Abroad:
University Göttingen, Germany - Prof. P. Haasen
University Erlangen, Germany - Prof. W. Blum
University Clausthal, Germany - Prof. B.L. Mordike, Prof. Wagner
University of Vienna - Prof. V. Gröger
University of Clausthal – visiting Professor
University of Žilina – Prof. P. Palček, Prof. E. Tillová