The research in the Institute is focussed on theoretical computer science. The Institute has intensive collaboration with many other institutions, universities and research centers. It participates in several large centers:
- DIMATIA: Center for Discrete Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science and Applications
- LEA STRUCO: The European Associated Laboratory "Structures in Combinatorics"
The Institute researchers are currently involved in several large projects:
- DYNASNET: Dynamics and Structure of Networks (ERC project)
- EPAC: Efficient approximation algorithms and circuit complexity (EXPRO project)
- ACoBE: Algorithms and Complexity within and beyond Bounded Expansion (ERC-CZ project)
- CoSP: Combinatorial Structures and Processes (RISE project)
- CZMI project: Center for Foundations of Modern Computer Science (UNCE project)
and many smaller projects.
GAUK student projects
Many of our students participate in the following university student grant (GAUK) projects:
- Monotónní výpočty a důkazová složitost (lead by Lukáš Folwarczný)
- Výpočetní aspekty a struktura homomorfismů grafů (lead by Jan Bok)
REU - Research Experience for Undergraduates
The Institute participates in Research Experiences for Undegraduates programme by sending our students to DIMACS/Rutgers University and co-hosting students from US universities.
The Institute publishes a preprint series IUUK-CE-ITI Series.
- Centre of Excellence - Institute for Theoretical Computer Science (CE-ITI)
- CORES: Complex Structures: Regularities in Combinatorics and Discrete Mathematics
- LBCAD: Lower bounds for combinatorial algorithms and dynamic problems (ERC project)
- CMI project: Center of Modern Computer Science (UNCE project)
- CCOSA: Classes of Combinatorial Objects - from Structure to Algorithms (ERC project)