We accept applications for PhD projects in Astronomy & Astrophysics, Cosmology, Astroparticle Physics, Gravity, String Theory, Mathematical Physics and Atomic and Molecular Physics.
Applications collected through this website will be used to match candidates with PhD advisors and to determine project funding. All selected candidates will have to pass through the regular admission procedure of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics. See "Timeline of selection" and "Admission to MFF" in FAQ. All candidates admitted for PhD will be students of Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University.
PhD projects will be carried out at one of the collaborating institutions in Prague, Czechia:
- Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics (MFF CUNI): Institute of Theoretical Physics, Astronomical Institute
- Astronomical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences (AI CAS)
- Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IP CAS): Department of Astroparticle Physics, Central European Institute for Cosmology and Fundamental Physics
- Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IM CAS): Department of Algebra, Geometry, and Mathematical Physics
- Nuclear Physics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences (NPI CAS): Department of Theoretical Physics
Please consult Frequently Asked Questions for important information and more details.