Application system is now closed.
Expected deadline for next term: January 15 2023
Applicants must have (or expect to have) a degree equivalent to MSc in Physics, Mathematics or Earth Sciences before the start of the appointment. For more details on eligibility, application and admission procedure, see Frequently Asked Questions.
Please submit the following information in the application form below:
- statement describing past research experience and future plans
- two letters of recommendation
- transcripts of all courses and grades
- copies of academic certificates (Bc and MSc, if available)
- copy of Bc and MSc thesis, if available, with English abstract
- date of expected award of MSc degree
- Other optional materials, for example, copies of English language certificates if available, published papers, etc.
Applicants should indicate the subject areas or specific projects of interest. Please feel free to select multiple areas or projects.
Letters of recommendation clearly identifying the applicant should be emailed directly by the referees to the email Hana.Cizkova@mff.cuni.cz. Letters of recommendation should arrive before the same deadline January 15 2023. Applicants should contact the referees themselves and ask them to send their reccommendations.
If you would like to contact us about your application, please send an email to Hana.Cizkova@mff.cuni.cz.
Applications collected through this website will be used to match candidates with PhD advisors and to determine project funding. All selected candidates will have to pass through the regular admission procedure of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics. All candidates admitted for PhD will be students of Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University.