We accept applications for PhD projects in the field of Condensed Matter Physics and Material Research, especially aimed at understanding the relationships between structure and properties in various studied systems.
The doctoral program prepares specialists qualified for independent scientific work in basic and applied research in the field of study of physical properties of condensed matter and material research. PhD students acquire deep knowledge of relevant theoretical approaches (quantum theory, thermodynamic and statistical physics) and their application in theoretical and experimental physics of condensed systems and are acquainted with modern experimental methods and technological processes.
Applications collected through this website will be used to match candidates with PhD advisors and to determine project funding. All selected candidates will have to pass through the regular admission procedure of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics. All candidates admitted for PhD will be students of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University.
PhD projects will be carried out at one of the collaborating institutions in Prague, Czechia:
- Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics (MFF CUNI)
- Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IP CAS)
- Institute of Photonics and Electronics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (UFE CAS)
- Nuclear Physics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences (UJF CAS)
- Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IMC CAS)
- Institute of Thermomechanics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IT CAS)
Listing of PhD projects and information on funding can be found at PhD Projects & Funding.
Information on how to apply can be found at Application.
Please consult Frequently Asked Questions for important information and more details.