We accept applications for PhD projects in Laboratory Plasma, Nuclear Fusion & Tokamaks, Space Plasma, Space-related Experiments.
The study program covers all aspects of plasma physics and with extensions to theoretical physics (elementary processes) and to some topics of astrophysics (interplanetary space plasma, dust / ice cloud problems in the solar system) and nuclear fusion. Studies include also borderline disciplines such as plasma chemistry, plasma interaction with solid surface and complex plasma. The program prepares professionals with a broad foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer modeling of physical processes and with deep knowledge of plasma physics.
Applications collected through this website will be used to match candidates with PhD advisors and to determine project funding. All selected candidates will have to pass through the regular admission procedure of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics. All candidates admitted for PhD will be students of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University.
PhD projects will be carried out at one of the collaborating institutions in Prague, Czechia:
- Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics (MFF CUNI): Department of Surface and Plasma Science (DSPS FMF CUNI)
- Astronomical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences (AI CAS)
- Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IP CAS)
- J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IPC CAS)
- Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IAP CAS)
- Institute of Plasma Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IPP CAS)
Listing of PhD projects and information on funding can be found at PhD Projects & Funding.
Information on how to apply can be found at Application.
Please consult Frequently Asked Questions for important information and more details.